Sunday 29 June 2008

Bruised Arm

No skin prep. Fine.

No gloves. Fine.

No skin traction. Fine.

No warning. Fine.


PAIN on puncture instead of prickly sensation. Suspicious.


Drop of blood at puncture site. More suspicious.


Persisting PAIN during procedure. Looked at drop of blood. Thinks to self: Double puncture. Did needle go through the other side of the vein?


Resumed vampire duties amidst persisting PAIN for the rest of the day. Thinks to self: Bloody nurse no skill. Lucky I insisted left arm. Hope I won't inflict similar anguish on my preys today. Maybe I had done so in the past and this is plain karma?


Removed inproperly positioned plaster the next morning and noticed...

Courtesy of a 'very skillful' nurse

Wtf?!??! This is sooo not karma. Never have blood tests been painful and so memorable (literally) for me. And I usually have a high pain threshold. Plus I sure as hell didn't ask for a temporary tattoo. Unless I did and my memory has failed me again. Seriously...really no skill man.

P/S: Hope nothing happens to me when I go back for my booster jabs on Monday ''=.=''

No comments: