Tuesday 24 June 2008

I Feel Like Running Away

Right, I KNOW how very blessed I am, how many would readily trade places with me and how I should be living the moment instead of feeling trapped, frustrated and angry. I'm not contented. Simply said, I just am not happy. My thought processes are running at full steam, my conscience and my heart are not at peace with each other. Silence one, and the other goes bonkers or rather I'll go bonkers... sooner or later.

Is this part of being an adult? Making decisions that would have effects for years down the line? Ditching dreams and conforming to norms? Delivering what's expected of me? Concealing my true thoughts so as not to offend? Swallowing responsibilities at the expense of my ideals? Turning my back to the child in me? Prioritising for the unforseeable future rather than leaping at the sight of instant gratifications?

If so, can I please please be granted a break as I'm not ready to grow up. In fact, I don't want to grow up. For as long as possible.

No comments: