Thursday 12 June 2008

Bah Humbug

Been back in Aberdeen for 2 days. Have already had a night of interrupted sleep thanks to annoyingly loud flatmate. Then again it might be my fault for sleeping at 7pm. The point when I seriously considered to clobber her head off amidst my drowsiness may very well have been only 9pm or even earlier. That said if it was not for her jolting me awake every now and then, how could I then not be refreshed after 12 hours of sleep?!!?

Then there's the part where the kitchen is beyond filthy. After lugging my luggage up the stairs, I had to empty the bin then lug down bags of rubbish which were left on the kitchen floor creating a fort around the bin, the tops agape with contents visible to all- damn bloody disgusting! I haven't even mentioned the sinks. Hoho.. they were both clogged up with dishes and food remnants. The interesting bit is how one side had the same plates from 2 months ago. Live culture experiment yipee!!! From the looks of it, the cleaner was obviously MIA last week. But then again, how difficult could it be to bring rubbish downstairs on the way out? And people complain they don't exercise enough.Haiyo don't ask me how people (or if you want to be sexist, girls) can stand living like that. I'm wondering as well.

This reminds me of my weed-loving flatmate 2 years ago. Being the only guy in the flat, he was surprisingly pretty clean, taking the rubbish out and all. The only thing is the smell of pot in the kitchen which arguably gives a certain oomph to the food prepared there. At least he's neat! Ha! And come exam time, he nags me to study when he catches me watching Sex and the City reruns instead. So yeah, between pot and hygiene, I choose hygiene. It would be great if there wasn't a catch but life's unfair like that.

His lil' ashtray

Oh and speaking of exams, my panic sensor's faulty!

Less than 5 days to finals..I haven't revised and this is my most unprepared form to date yet I don't seem to have the urgency to crash-revise. Looks like I need to have loads of luck to bullshit my way through next week. Dam di da doom la la la...

Fingers tightly crossed xxx

No comments: