Saturday 12 July 2008

Reminiscing on Dreams

What is it about some dreams that make them so real and occupy our thoughts for the rest of the day wondering about what-ifs and what-could-have-beens? Are they really manifestations of subconscious thoughts? Or platforms for us to express or practice our perfected scripted dramas?

Theory has it that one only obtains a restful night if not bothered by dreams. I beg to differ. I, for one, love my endless dreams and look forward to them at every possible opportunity. Maybe I wouldn't say so if most of my dreams weren't pleasant. But, one thing for sure, dreaming is like a hobby for me, even if I don't remember much for long, I'll have the sensation of having been to a good movie if the dream-of-the-day is an enjoyable one.

Then there are also those recurrent ones with people from my past, their presence so strong as though I have not gone a day without embracing myself in their facades. The stature, the demeanour, the smile, the speech and even the scent are so vivid that I believe I'm in another world altogether- the place where I want to be. And when the phone rang this morning to disrupt my fairytale, my groggy self was too hung up on getting back to my parallel life to even be annoyed. Unfortunately, like all dreams, they rarely EVER continue where they've left off...

However, this makes me wonder...do people you dream about dream of you too? And if they do, would they even consider telling you? Or would ego be in the way for fear of being seen as a freak?

No comments: